Tuesday 8 September 2009

Memories ... 14 years ago, in France ....

I have been making jewellery since I was a teenager.
When I went to University in Nantes to study Psychology, I made friends with lots of African students. I love the African culture and went to Africa twice. One of my friends, Ahoefa, who was very much involved in promoting African culture, invited me once for a multicultural craft fair. I had created a series of jewellery inspired by African Art. The venue was prestigious and the fair had a lot of visitors. I was very fortunate to have been invited for my first fair ! My work was very successful and I sold a lot ...











Centre de Vinci.


Installing with Mary.


Selling.


A sample.




The second day, we decided to cook some rice and African sauce for people to taste.



Indian sellers.


Resting after the day, happy and tired.
Ahoefa, me, Mary.












Drawings made after a book about Ancient African jewellery.
(Sénégal, Mali and Mauritanie; golden silver)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Francis said...

beautiful photos celine

24 September 2009 at 13:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home